ST. LOUIS (May 9, 2018) –Registration is now open for the 16th Annual United Way 5k + 10k, with early bird pricing available until Friday, June 22. The races take place Saturday, July 14, at 8 a.m. and all proceeds benefit the United Way of Greater St. Louis. The event is hosted by UniGroup, the parent company of United Van Lines, Mayflower and other transportation-related companies.
Additional details of the United Way 5k + 10k:
- All participants are chip timed.
- Register by June 22 and receive a free performance tee and $5 off the registration fee (5k early bird fee is $25 and 10k early bird fee is $30).
- After June 22, the 5k fee is $30 and the 10k fee is $35 and participants cannot be guaranteed their shirt size will be available.
- Register online at http://racesonline.com/events/unigroup-5k.
- The courses begin on the UniGroup campus at One Premier Drive in Fenton, Mo. The 5k race will continue through Fenton city streets and Fenton City Park. The 10k race will continue along the Meramec River and through Unger Park. For course maps, please visit facebook.com/unitedway5k.
- Prize money will be awarded for the top three male and female 5k and 10k finishers: $100 awarded for first, $75 for second and $50 for third.
- For both races, medals will be awarded to the top three males and females in these age categories: 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 and 60 and over.
- If you can’t attend the event, you can still show your support for the United Way by registering as a “Runner in Spirit”. Register by June 22 and with a donation of $20, you’ll receive a commemorative shirt.
- Live music will be performed by the Tailgators before and after the race.
- For additional information about the event, please visit http://racesonline.com/events/unigroup-5kor or facebook.com/unitedway5k. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About United Way of Greater St. Louis
United Way funds more than 170 health and human service agencies located throughout a 16-county area in Missouri and Illinois. One in three people in our community receive services that strengthen families, help the elderly, keep children healthy and safe, and build stronger neighborhoods. For more information, contact 314-421-0700 or visit www.stl.unitedway.org.
UniGroup is a $1.7 billion transportation and relocation services company with headquarters in suburban St. Louis, Mo. In addition to household goods carriers United Van Lines and Mayflower Transit, logistics company UniGroup Logistics and international relocation provider UniGroup Worldwide Moving, UniGroup owns other subsidiaries that provide good and services to professional movers.